ASEF BOT Internships
ACTION MEMORANDUM FOR ALL AAS/SW AREA AND REGION COMMANDERS AND PRESIDENTS: FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION TO ALL MEMBERS
SUBJECT: (SUSP 15 Mar 17) INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY WITH THE ARNOLD AIR SOCIETY AND SILVER WINGS EDUCATIONAL FUND BOARD OF TRUSTEES
FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS
1. The AAS/SW Executive Management Center is accepting immediate nominations for a summer 2017 internship that allows a student to gain valuable experience working with our non-profit 501c3 Board of Directors and Chairwoman (The Arnold Air Society, Silver Wings and Angel Flight Educational Fund (ASEF)). Work may be accomplished from home anywhere in the United States during the spring/summer/fall of 2017.
Participation in this program will not interfere with summer employment. Candidates should be willing to contribute up to four hours per week. Students selected for this internship will receive an ASEF scholarship covering the registration costs for the 2018 National Conclave. There will be no other compensation; however, the ASEF Board and the Executive Directors would recognize exceptional work with letters of recommendation for future employment and endorse resumes for a student selected for this position.
2. Candidates must be available in the spring/summer/fall for a minimum of three months with actual internship timing negotiable with ASEF. This program is open to Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors including those graduating this year, in all academic majors.
3. This internship requires superior communicative skills. Tasks may include but are not limited to the following:
- Annual Report Creation
- Fund Raising Collateral design and creation
- Fund Raising Email drafts
- Fund Raising email collateral for mail outs and actually preparing the mail merge
- Assisting Controller and Foundation Program Director with annual state registration/renewal paperwork, Kroger or other corporate program paperwork
- Creating a database of potential donors from the AAS/SW Archives
- Working with AAS/SW chapters and squadrons to update addresses of potential donors
- Creation of a database to maintain donor information and potential donor information
4. SELECTION PROCESS
The EDs may or may not forward all nomination packages based on the submission and following a phone interview and discussion with the applicable Detachment Commander and/or reference provided by the candidate.
The following will be used to further evaluate individuals:
MANDATORY: Availability during the spring/summer/fall of 2016 for a minimum of three months
MANDATORY: Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
MANDATORY: Sophomore, Junior or Senior
Candidates will self nominate by sending the following information in an e-mail to email@example.com NOT LATER THAN 15 MARCH 2017 at midnight Pacific Time. The only attachment permitted is the unofficial transcript. All other information should be in the e-mail body. Late submissions will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS
- NAME OF COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY, FIELD(S) OF STUDY AND GPA
- NAME OF SQUADRON OR CHAPTER AND LEADERSHIP POSITIONS HELD, IF ANY
- NAME, RANK, PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS OF AFFILIATED DETACHMENT COMMANDER
- NAME, TITLE, PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS OF ONE REFERENCE WHO MAY VOUCH FOR ACADEMIC RECORD AND PERSONAL RELIABILITY
- A STATEMENT PROVIDING THE DATES OF AVAILABILITY DURING THE SPRING/SUMMER/FALL PERIOD (SPECIFICS WILL BE WORKED OUT WHEN SELECTED)
- A COPY OF AN UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT ATTACHED TO THE NOMINATING E-MAIL
- A 300 WORD OR LESS SUMMARY DESCRIBING WHY THE CANDIDATE WOULD LIKE TO BE SELECTED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
5. This is a highly prestigious internship; candidates will carry the reputation of AAS/SW forward with the ASEF, a critical strategic partner. All highly motivated eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.
//SIGNED//DPW//27 JAN 2017//