Civilian SMART/Palace Acquire
ACTION MEMORANDUM FOR ALL AAS/SW AREA AND REGION COMMANDERS AND PRESIDENTS: FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION TO ALL MEMBERS
SUBJECT: EXPEDITED HIRING AUTHORITY FOR SILVER WINGS GRADUATING STUDENTS WITH ENGINEERING, CONTRACTING, AUDITING, PROGRAM MANAGEMENT, FINANCE AND LOGISTICS RELATED DEGREES
FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS
1. The AAS/SW Executive Management Center in coordination with the Air Force Personnel Center is seeking highly qualified graduating Silver Wings civilians for Department of the Air Force Government Service positions under two AF Pathways Recent Graduates programs called Palace Acquires (PAQ) and Copper CAP (COP) using the Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA). This memo should be distributed to all eligible Silver Wings civilians as soon as possible.
2. Silver Wings civilians graduating with degrees in Business, Science, Finance, Engineering, Auditing, Program Management, Contracting, and Logistics related fields may be eligible for this program. Under the PAQ/COP Program using EHA, hiring officials may make "by name requests" for highly qualified students which may result in positions being available upon graduation. Pay and benefits are highly competitive and leadership opportunities for civilians in the Department of the Air Force are exceptional. Positions are available Nationwide and throughout the world. Information on the PAQ/COP programs can be found on http://www.afciviliancareers.com/careers/find-your-fit/pathways/recent-graduates/.
3. Students wishing to be considered for this program must forward a resume and transcript to the Executive Management Center at firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-mail should identify which career field (e.g., engineering, business, contracting, etc.,) the student is requesting. There is no suspense for consideration and the Executive Management Center will accept requests throughout the year. However, earlier submissions during the academic year may provide qualified candidates a larger set of career options. E-mails with a resume and transcript should include the following in the subject line: IMMEDIATE ATTENTION: PALACE ACQUIRE/COPPER CAP APPLICANT. NOTE: It can be helpful if the applicant locates a position of interest on the USA Jobs website and identifies that in their initial e-mail...though this is not a requirement for consideration.
4. Once an application is received, the Executive Directors will forward it to our Personnel Center representative who will ensure it is forwarded directly to the appropriate selection team for consideration. The Executive Directors will ensure the applicant is kept informed of the status of their application.
5. This program is an exceptional opportunity for students interested in a dynamic career with the greatest Air Force on the planet. As a member of Silver Wings, graduating qualified civilians are in a unique position to take advantage of this Expedited Hiring Authority opportunity.
6. Please direct questions to retired Brig Gen Woodward at email@example.com.
ACTION MEMORANDUM FOR ALL SW REGION PRESIDENTS: FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION TO ALL MEMBERS
SUBJECT: SCIENCE, MATHEMATICS AND RESEARCH FOR TRANSFORMATION (SMART) SCHOLARSHIP FOR SERVICE PROGRAM
FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS
1. The AAS/SW Executive Management Center in coordination with the Air Force Personnel Center encourages all Silver Wings civilian students interested in pursuing a career with the Department of Defense and who are engaged in science, mathematics, and research related fields of study to review the requirements for a "SMART Scholarship" at the website: http://smart.asee.org/. The suspense for applications is 1 December each year.
2. The SMART program offers a variety of scholarships in return for government service following graduation. Details are available on the website and Silver Wings students requiring letters of recommendation for their applications may submit a request to the Executive Directors during the application process (seven days notice is required and a request must include a copy of the student's transcript and contact information including the name of the students's Silver Wings chapter). Send request to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. These are highly competitive but also highly prestigious and lucrative scholarships that lead to an exceptional position offering competitive pay, benefits and leadership opportunities with the Department of Defense. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.
4. Please direct questions to retired Brig Gen Woodward at email@example.com.