Silver Wings Opportunities
FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS
1. The AAS/SW Executive Management Center in coordination with the Air Force Personnel Center is seeking highly qualified graduating Silver Wings civilians for Department of the Air Force Government Service positions under two AF Pathways Recent Graduates programs called Palace Acquires (PAQ) and Copper CAP (COP) using the Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA) for Acquisitions. This memo should be distributed to all eligible Silver Wings civilians as soon as possible.
2. Silver Wings civilians graduating with degrees in Business, Science, Finance, Engineering, Auditing, Program Management, Contracting, and Logistics related fields may be eligible for this program. Under the PAQ/COP Program using EHA, hiring officials may make "by name requests" for highly qualified students which may result in positions being available upon graduation. Pay and benefits are highly competitive and leadership opportunities for civilians in the Department of the Air Force are exceptional. Positions are available Nationwide and throughout the world. Information on the PAQ/COP programs can be found on http://www.afciviliancareers.
3. Students wishing to be considered for this program must forward a resume and transcript to the Executive Management Center at email@example.com. The e-mail should identify which career field (e.g., engineering, business, contracting, etc.,) the student is requesting. There is no suspense for consideration and the Executive Management Center will accept requests throughout the year. However, earlier submissions during the academic year may provide qualified candidates a larger set of career options. E-mails with a resume and transcript should include the following in the subject line: IMMEDIATE ATTENTION: PALACE ACQUIRE/COPPER CAP APPLICANT
4. Once an application is received, the Executive Directors will forward it to our Personnel Center representative who will ensure it is forwarded directly to the appropriate selection team for consideration. The Executive Directors will ensure the applicant is kept informed of the status of their application.
5. This program is an exceptional opportunity for students interested a dynamic career with the greatest Air Force on the planet. As a member of Silver Wings, graduating qualified civilians are in a unique position to take advantage of this Expedited Hiring Authority opportunity.
6. Please direct questions to retired Brig Gen Woodward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. The AAS/SW Executive Management Center is accepting nominations for as many as two summer 2016 Civilian Fellowships at Air University (Maxwell Air Force Base) in Montgomery Alabama. Candidates will be competitively selected by the Executive Directors and placed with the concurrence of Air University. This memorandum shall be forwarded to all Chapters with instructions for Presidents to forward to all eligible candidates.
2. Successful candidates will be flown or otherwise have travel expenses paid by the EMC to and from Montgomery. Lodging and a $25.00 per day food stipend will be provided through the generous donation of the Air University Foundation. Any additional personal costs will be the responsibility of the student. This Fellowship will last for two weeks and will take place during the spring, summer, or fall of 2016. Exact timing is flexible and will be coordinated between the successful applicant(s) and Air University with the assistance of the EMC. The objective will be to maximize the student's professional development while accounting for summer work schedules or other student commitments.
3. THESE FELLOWSHIPS DO NOT REQUIRE A SECURITY CLEARANCE. Access to Maxwell Air Force Base will be handled by Air University.
4. These fellowships will involve interaction with senior Air Force leadership. They require impeccable dress and professionalism. These fellowships were approved by the AU Commander and coordinated through his Commander's Action Group and The Air University Foundation.
5. A successful candidate placed in these fellowships will be exposed to a variety of experiences associated with the Air University mission. Air University offers an exceptional blend of leadership and professional development programs that may be leveraged. Opportunities may include but are not limited to:
- Engagement with Air War College, Air Command and Staff College and Squadron Officer College, including attendance at seminars and speeches from military and civilian leaders and educators
- Visits to The Center for Doctrine, Development and Education for lectures and other educational opportunities available during the dates of the Fellowship
- Visits to The Air Force Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Academy and other Enlisted Airmen programs
- Senior Officer "Shadow" opportunities including with the Commander of Air University, the various colleges, and the Holm Center Commander. These senior officers often engage with the most senior levels of the Air Force and Department of Defense depending on events taking place within Air University
- A variety of other special events as they become available during the Fellowship
6. The AAS Executive Directors (EDs) may provide additional information to interested candidates.
7. SELECTION PROCESS
Successful candidates will be selected by the EDs following a phone interview and/or discussion with the applicable Detachment Commander and/or reference provided by the candidate. An additional student phone interview with a member of Air University may be required. The following will be used to further evaluate individuals:
- MANDATORY: Availability during the spring/summer/fall of 2016 for a two week period
- MANDATORY: A sophomore, junior, senior, or fifth year student
- MANDATORY: Eligible member of Silver Wings with dues paid in full when the application is submitted
- DESIRED: Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher in any field of study
Candidates will self nominate by sending the following information to:
email@example.com NOT LATER THAN 10 February 2016 at midnight Pacific Time. Late submissions will not be accepted under any circumstances. This is a test program and students selected will be asked to provide feedback to the EMC following the Fellowship. Students will also be asked to provide photos of activities to aid in advertising in the event these Fellowships are continued.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION MUST BE SUBMITTED AS PART OF AN E-MAIL AND NOT AS AN ATTACHMENT. THE ONLY ATTACHMENT PERMITTED IS THE UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT.
- · NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER AND E-MAIL ADDRESS
- · NAME OF COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY AND FIELD(S) OF STUDY
- · NAME OF CHAPTER
- · NAME, RANK, PHONE NUMBER AND E-MAIL ADDRESS OF AFFILIATED DETACHMENT COMMANDER
- · NAME, TITLE, PHONE NUMBER AND E-MAIL ADDRESS OF ONE REFERENCE WHO MAY VOUCH FOR ACADEMIC RECORD AND PERSONAL RELIABILITY
- A STATEMENT PROVIDING PROBABLE DATES OF AVAILABILITY DURING THE SPRING/SUMMER/FALL PERIOD (SPECIFICS WILL BE WORKED OUT WITH AIR UNIVERSITY WHEN SELECTED)
- · A COPY OF AN UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT ATTACHED TO THE NOMINATING E-MAIL
- · A 200 WORD OR LESS SUMMARY DESCRIBING WHY THE CANDIDATE WOULD LIKE TO SELECTED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
8. This is a highly prestigious internship; candidates will carry the reputation of Silver Wings forward with with Air University. Competitive selection will enhance student understanding of the mission of the United States Air Force and will also provide a unique discriminator for resumes used for future employment. All highly motivated eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.